Northern Michigan was truly blessed by Mother Nature. Everyone who visits falls in love with its beauty.
Astronaut Jerry Linenger often tells the story of looking at Earth from space and being overwhelmed by the beauty of the Great Lakes. He picked his future home from a spaceship and now lives in Northern Michigan's Leelanau County.
- "The Most Beautiful Place in America" Sleeping Bear Dunes - Good Morning, America
- "America's Top Adventure Towns" National Geographic
- "America's Top Ten Beach Towns" AOL Travel News (June 2010)
- "Our Top 10 Charming Small Towns" TripAdvisor.com (May 2010)
- "Top 10 Coolest Towns in the States" AOL Travel News
- One of 18 Towns Where "Life is Better" - Outside Magazine
- Top Ten Cities for Book Lovers - Livability.com
- Traverse City The Beautiful